Referred to as Goat Wynd in 17th-century charters and in documents relating to proposed extension of Town House 1824. Chaplainry lands of St. Andrew Apostle and St. Clement’s manse on north west frontage in late 15th century – suggest possibility of thoroughfare.
North west frontage and Wynd survived until 1930–32 when site cleared to construct City Square and underground car park.
Goat Wynd 17th century to c.1825
Castle Wynd 1825–1932
Source: ‘Historic Dundee - The Archaeological Implications of Development’, Scottish Burgh Survey 1988