Streetwise: Dudhope Park

Dudehope Park

Dudhope Park was acquired from the late Earl of Home in 1893, though it had been leased from the Government, then holding a current lease, for many years before that date.

Several improvements, such as bowling greens and cricket fields, as well as a gymnasium for children, have been introduced over the years. The park contains 23 acres.

Source: ‘Glimpses of Old and New Dundee’ – A.H. Millar, January 1925