Named after George Drummond, proprietor of tenement between this close and Mitchell’s Close, at end of 18th century. Property in existence at least early 17th century.
Close removed as a result of layout out of North Gellatly Street. Site occupied by warehousing in late 19th century. These in ruin 1952 and site rebuilt by 1984 maintaining 19th-century frontage with Seagate/Gellatly Street.
Source: ’Historic Dundee – The Archaeological Implications of Development–, Scottish Burgh Survey 1988