Streetwise: Cherryfield Lane

Cherryfield Lane

Cherryfield Lane was a narrow avenue from Blackness Road to Walton Street, which at one time marked the western boundary of the extensive gardens that formed the nursery belonging to Mr Urquhart – hence its name.

These gardens at one time filled the triangular space from the junction of Blackness Road with Brook Street, west to Cherryfield Lane, and included the ground occupied by Blackness Foundry. Urquhart Street preserves the name of the proprietor of these gardens.

Source: ‘Glimpses of Old and New Dundee’ – A.H. Millar, January 1925