The Dementia Library was set up within Central Library in 2015 to provide free access to information and resources on dementia.
The resources have been specially selected to meet the information needs of:
- People with a dementia diagnosis
- Relatives and family carers
- Health and care professionals
- Anyone interested in learning more about the condition
The Dementia Library also offers users a comfortable meeting space and free access to relevant online resources.
Our collection includes a wide selection of books on:
- Dementia care
- Managing you condition
- Personal experience of dementia
- Dementia friendly design
- Reminiscence materials
- Books to promote understanding of dementia to children and young people
We also have a range of fiction and poetry related to experience of dementia.
Similar resource collections are also available at all community libraries across the city.
|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday||9.00am to 8.00pm|
|Wednesday||10.00am to 8.00pm|
|Saturday||9.30am to 5.00pm|
Leisure Reading Department
Tel: 01382 431539