Family Fun Sessions
Following the completion of the heating improvements at McTaggart Sports Centre, the Family Fun Sessions are back up and running at McTaggart with sessions planned every Sunday in March. Sessions are as follows:
- Sunday 1st March: 11.30 - 12.30pm and 2.30 - 3.30pm (induction available at 11am for adults who are attending for the first time)
- Sunday 8th March: 11.30 - 12.30pm and 2.30 - 3.30pm
- Sunday 15th March: 11.30 - 12.30pm and 2.30 - 3.30pm
- Sunday 22nd March: 11.30 - 12.30pm and 2.30 - 3.30pm
- Sunday 29th March: 11.30 - 12.30pm and 2.30 - 3.30pm (induction available at 11am for adults who are attending for the first time)
*For more information about the Active Lifestyle card and benefits, click here.
To check avialabilty and book your places, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Name(s) of adults:
- Induction completed previously: Yes / No* (*delete as applicable)
- If induction completed previously, induction number (or date of induction):
- Name(s) and ages of children (must be 13 or under):
- Date(s) of session:
- Time of session:
- Contact telephone number (in case you are added to the waiting list so we can contact you if spaces do then become available):
MISSING INFORMATION WILL DELAY YOUR BOOKING
Please note that bookings will be processed in the order they are submitted (subject to full information being provided) and your places (or place on the waiting list) will be confirmed ASAP.
Also, if you are attending the induction, you must arrive in plenty of time as a late arrival will result in you not being able to complete the induction that day.
We hope that you enjoy receiving regular email updates regarding the Leisure and Culture Dundee gymnastics programme and family fun sessions. However, if you are no longer interested in receiving these emails please just email us back to let us know and we will remove your details from our email contacts!
Booking Contact Details
Pre-school and School Aged Gymnastics / Trampoline Coaching Classes
|Monday to Friday||10.00am to 9.00pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||10.00am to 4.00pm|
The facility is available to gymnastics / trampoline / dance / fitness groups / primary and secondary schools (block bookings or one-off) at the above times or for birthday parties and family fun sessions on selected weekend dates.
How To Find Us
City Wide Programmes
To find out more about the city-wide programme of Gymnastics & Trampolining, please visit:
The Leisure & Sport Section run the following sessions at McTaggart:
|Tuesday||10.00am to 10.45am||Pre-school Gymnastics||3 to 5|
|Tuesday||11.00am to 11.45am||Pre-school Gymnastics||3 to 5|
|Tuesday||1.00pm to 1.45pm||Pre-school Gymnastics||3 to 5|
|Tuesday||1.45pm to 2.30pm||Pre-school Gymnastics||3 to 5|
|Tuesday||4.00pm to 5.00pm||Trampolining||P1 to P3|
|Tuesday||5.00pm to 6.00pm||Trampolining||P4+|
|Wednesday||10.00am to 10.45am||Pre-school Trampolining||3 to 5|
|Wednesday||11.00am to 11.45am||Pre-school Trampolining||3 to 5|
|Wednesday||4.00pm to 5.00pm||Trampolining||P1 –|
|Wednesday||5.00pm to 6.00pm||Trampolining||P5+|
|Wednesday||4.00pm to 5.00pm||Gymnastics||P1 to P4|
|Wednesday||5.00pm to 6.00pm||Gymnastics||P4+|
|Thursday||1.00pm to 1.45pm||Pre-school Trampolining||3 to 5|
|Thursday||1.45pm to 2.30pm||Pre-school Trampolining||3 to 5|
Family Fun Sessions
Family fun sessions provide families with children (Birth – 13 Years Old) with the opportunity to access the Dick McTaggart Gymnastics Centre and have fun using the fantastic facilities within the purpose built gymnastics centre.
Children and adults can enjoy jumping into the large foam pits, swinging from bars, walking along beams, having fun on the spacious sprung floor, jumping on a full-size trampoline and experiencing the fast-track and tumble track.
There is also gymnastics kit especially for children in their pre-school years.
Adults (over 16 years of age) who have attended an induction prior to their first session can bring up to 2 children.
Please note inductions are not available at all sessions.
Dates of the sessions will be posted on the Leisure and Culture Dundee website, promoted through the Leisure and Sport Dundee Facebook page and emailed directly to our email contact list.
Main Gymnastics Hall
- Two full artistic sprung floors with divider curtain
- Full set of men’s and women’s apparatus floor mounted and pit mounted
- Sunken trampoline with pit dismount
- U-shaped training pit with ring-frame and low bar
- Fast-track and tumble track to pit dismount
- Comprehensive set of training aides and equipment
- Three competition standard trampolines
|Facility||Standard Price||Active Lifestyle card-holder Price|
|Main Gymnastics Hall|
||from £52.00 per hour*
from £40.00 per hour*
from £21.00 per hour*
£12.00 per hour*
|Dance / Fitness Studio||£21.00 per hour*|
|Primary School Visit||£160.00*|
|Family Fun Sessions**||Adult £2.20*
Adults & 1 Child £7.70*
2 Adults & 2 Children £11.00*
Adults & 1 Child £7.00*
2 Adults & 2 Children £10.00*
|Coaching Classes**||Child £3.80*|
Leisure & Culture Dundee are proud to support the development of Scotland's top gymnasts through the National Performance programmes that regularly utilise the Dick McTaggart Gymnastics Centre for their Men's / Women's Artistic and Tumble Squad training sessions.
Check out these videos from Scottish Gymnastics filmed at the Dick McTaggart Gymnastics Centre to find out more…