This award is presented to an athlete with a physical, learning or sensory disability in recognition of their commitment and achievements over the past 12 months.
- The nominee must be someone who has either a physical, learning or visual disability or someone who has overcome great barriers to participate or excel within their chosen sport.
- The nominee must be a resident of Dundee and part of a Dundee based sport club.
- Only achievements gained in 2018 will be taken into consideration.
- Nominations will be considered on the quality of the nominee not the quantity of nominations received.
- Nominations will be judged on the entry form alone.
- Previous winners of this award will be considered based on the current nomination only.
The nomination will be considered on merit in the following areas of priority:
- Barriers / personal factors that have been overcome by the athlete.
- The level of competition in which the athlete competed in gaining their achievements.
- Attitude towards fellow athletes, coaches and personal improvement.
- Improvements in performance through the year.
- Any other significant areas highlighted by the nomination will be considered as long as they highlight a contribution to sport.