This award is about a local contribution to sport and will be presented to the coach who has demonstrated commitment and dedication to coaching within a community group, within a school or with a group of athletes throughout the last 12 months.
- The nominee must be coaching within a Dundee based club or sports programme.
- The coach does not require to be resident in Dundee but must coach at a Dundee based community sports club or programme on a regular basis.
- The nominee must be of non-professional status.
- Only achievements gained in 2018 onwards will be taken into consideration.
- Nominations will be considered on the quality of the nominee not the quantity of nominations received.
- Nominations will be judged on the entry form alone.
- Previous winners of this award will be considered, based on the current nomination only.
The nomination should be considered on merit in the following areas of priority:
- Overall impact on local community club / athletes / local sport etc
- Personal commitment to programme / club / participants
- Personal progress through NGB / generic coaching awards
- Level / amount of resources available to coach to enable opportunities
- Difference made to participants self esteem and confidence
- Level of involvement of community in programme / club
- Personal factors overcome to maintain commitment
- Any other significant areas highlighted by the nomination will be considered as long as they highlight a contribution to sport